The MEA is the trade Association which represents the interests of the companies who manufacture and supply milking equipment for use in the UK. We wish to broaden our membership to include Associate Members, who work within the dairy equipment industry, often alongside the current member manufacturers.
Our Association objectives are;
- To support the implementation of current standards in the supply, Installation, maintenance, of milking equipment and encourage its efficient use.
- To strive for best practice in respect of animal health and welfare and commit to both the education and improvements within the industry.
- To represent the common interests and views of the milking manufacturers in the media and in participative roles with other government, regulatory, technical, and other active bodies/groups within the dairy farming industry, both at home and in wider international forums when required
- To provide guidance and advice to members
- To provide collection and issue of industry based statistics
There is a Committee for Council Members which meets three times a year to discuss relevant current issues and agree plans where the common interests of the industry require representation to others. There is also a Technical and Training Committee which also meets three times per year.
Our current Chairman is Stewart Fraser from GEA WestfaliaSurge UK Ltd
Membership of the MEA is open to the following:
Manufacturing companies of Milking Equipment registered in the UK.
Suppliers, Dealers and Distributors and any other organisation involved in the Milking Equipment and associated industries.
Membership Charges are applicable for FULL Members and ASSOCIATE Members